This policy was last updated on July 10, 2018
Please read our policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting any wnn.africa website and viewing its content, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and do our best to ensure that your data is protected.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USEINFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR COLLECTED FROM YOU:The information we may collect can either be data that identifies you (eg. your name, address, IP address or email) as well as information that does not, but which may help us to improve our services, for example by evaluating behaviour patterns when users visit our website or apps. This can either be given to us by you, or collected by us about you:
Some examples of this includes the information you give us when you email us or register to use or fill in other forms on a wnn.africa Website, subscribe to wnn.africa ‘s products and services, post comments or participate in the wnn.africa community, submit corrections, enter a competition or promotion, download wnn.africa mobile apps or digital issues and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
When you visit our website we may automatically take the following information:
technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES:We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites or mobile apps and services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATIONWe use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to contact you with information about your account or subscription or with marketing messages. You can opt out of receiving these messages at any time by contacting email@example.com;
- to create analytics and reports for third parties, which will include partners and advertisers regarding your use of our website. These analytics and reports may include aggregated or pseudo anonymised information;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
HOW WE SHARE THIS INFORMATIONWe may share your personal information with any member of the wnn.africa. We may also share your information for the purposes set out in this Policy but we will never sell, license or otherwise share information that individually identifies you with third parties outside of wnn.africa except:
- With your consent. Which can be withdrawn at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE NOTE: We may still disclose your opt-out information to third parties, to ensure that you do not receive any future notifications from them, in accordance with applicable laws.
- With third parties who are (1) Trusted partners: who work with or on behalf of wnn.africa, following our instructions and subject to specific compliance requirements, and (2) Advertising and Analytics partners: who we may share aggregated or pseudo-anonymised data with in order, for examples, for that partner to see how well an advertisement is performing. We will not share personally identifiable information (for example your name or email address) with these partners. Third party partners may use data collection technologies on our websites. Use by these third parties of cookies and other technology will be subject to their own privacy policies.
- For legal purposes: in connection with (i) legal processes and requests (ii) to enforce our advertising terms (iii) to manage third party and customer claims (iv) to protect wnn.africa’s interests and (v) as may otherwise be required by law.
- When you use our website, we share information that we may collect from you, such as your email (in hashed form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner/service provider, LiveRamp Inc and its group companies (‘LiveRamp’). LiveRamp may use our first party cookie on your browser to match your shared information to their marketing databases in order to provide back a pseudonymous privacy-centric identifier for our use in real time bidding in digital advertising. These third parties may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. To opt out of this use, please click here (https://liveramp.com/opt_out/).
SOCIAL NETWORK AND INTERACTIVE TOOLS: Certain features on our websites give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include forums, message boards, chats, submitting a letter to the editor, creating community profiles, and rating, tagging and commenting on articles. When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these interactive features.
CORPORATE, THIRD-PARTY, AND STUDENT SUBSCRIPTIONS: If your subscription is provided in whole or in part by your employer or other third party, we may notify the provider when you access or use your subscription. If you have a student subscription associated with a school, college or university or school, we may notify them to confirm your subscription, access or use. When providing these notices, we may reveal limited amounts of your information such as your name or email address.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONThe personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to use it as set out in this Policy. These transfers are managed through various compliance mechanisms including Data Processing Agreements with our partners and the EU/EEA Standard Contractual Clauses. wnn.africa has technical, organizational and physical safeguards in place to help protect your information from unauthorized access, processing or disclosure.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY: We do not intentionally collect any information on children under the age of 14. If you are a parent or guardian and notify us that details of children under 14 years of age have been obtained, we will ensure that these details are deleted.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: You also have the right to access personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com
There will be an administrative charge of £10, which helps us to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.